Who we are
Matterway’s mission is to liberate employees from frustrating, difficult to use software, to make companies more productive, agile and profitable.
We now live in the era of User Experience. Leading companies like Apple or Amazon, have mastered the art of great UX, and privately we’re used to great digital experiences. But at work, employees still have to use IT tools that are clunky, difficult to use, and frustrating.
Over the coming years, most companies will invest in the usability of their company internal systems, in order to unlock productivity gains and improve their bottom line. Our Digital Ergonomics Platform is the first platform to help companies simplify, streamline and improve the usability of the applications their employees use every day, from HR to production, from approvals to asset management. We’re funded by one of Europe’s best investors and high calibre international angel investors, who share our vision wholeheartedly.
Join us now to be one of the early team members who shape the direction and future of the company and this emerging industry!
What you will do
While you are technically credible and know the details of what developers work on, as an engineering manager you spend your time hiring a world-class team and putting it in the best position to succeed. You own the delivery of product commitments and are always looking to improve productivity. You must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals. You will be primarily measured according to the performance of your teams. We divide your responsibilities into the following areas:
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high-quality applications and services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and match them with projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Connect with management and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Work closely with the Matterway’s recruiting team to hire high potential engineers from diverse backgrounds
Who we are looking for
- 2+ years of direct people management in software engineering teams in a fast paced environment.
- Proven recruiting experience as a hiring manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (no German required)
- Great communication skills. You should be able to explain your approach and the impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders in a way that is clear to them.
- Experience with continuous improvement and the Agile software delivery process, particularly in collaboration with product, business
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
More Reasons to work at Matterway
- We’re International: 10 Nationalities from 4 different continents, all communicating in English.
- We work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Our office in the center of Berlin, near Alexander Platz is stylish & cozy
- There are free snacks, fresh fruits, tea, coffee and you can even mix your own Soylent/Joylent in our fully equipped kitchen
- You will participate in regular team outings & activities such as Karting, Archery, Cooking Classes, Retreats by a lake, Wakeboarding, Jamming
- We’re small but fast growing, you’ll get to learn a lot working alongside incredibly talented and like-minded people in a very open environment
- Your work will be used by thousands of employees at some of the largest companies in Europe.